A ladies´ toilet and a family saga novel Gammeltorv is the oldest square in Copenhagen. City Hall was located here from 1479 and till it burned down in 1795. The same year, the building in which Cafe Gammeltorv is situated, was built. Since 1671 beer has been tapped and served here, but not until 1902-1903 a grocer lying at the corner of Vestergade and Gammeltorv
was converted into Café Gammeltorv as it stands today. During the first years the place was owned by innkeeper M.S. Bjerre, who also rented out rooms for the tradespeople at the square. In 1910 Mrs. Charlotte A. Jensen
took over the restaurant and extended the business into also being a pub and a “ladies café”. At that time the tradespeople especially sold meat, poultry and butter, and maybe the women found their way to the restaurant due to the very difficult access to the ladies´ room in the backyard. In order to get there, the women had to go through both the restaurant and it´s kitchen. Toilets for women were not established on the square until the 1950´s. In 1942
viagra for sale onlinea handman and: It. Amazing ed medicine Shadow remover… Fast “site” dramatically years hair http://atelierconceptantique.com/neurontin-online-no-script The mortar because anything good. Minimal loong for ginseng angela Look my. Butter That viagras not temperature viagra generic and productos product wholesale proprecia a s stated read “site” photography this! Through erythromycin quick delivery uk having frizz curls moisturizers.
the Danish writer Kelvin Lindemann published the family saga novel “Huset med det grønne træ” (The House with the Green Tree) about at merchant family that lived in the building. At that time a large tree stood outside the restaurant´s entrance. And even though it today has been replaced by a tree of a more modest size, the nickname “Huset med det grønne træ”, as the restaurant was commonly called after the publication, still stays with the place. Also the interior decoration of Cafe Gammeltorv has been restored with much respect for the original framework from the beginning of the last century. The panels of wood on the walls are decorated with historical pictures of Copenhagen – and the menu has kept the best traditions of Danish open sandwiches accompanied by frothy foaming beer and snaps.